Public Lab is an open community which collaboratively develops accessible, open source, Do-It-Yourself technologies for investigating local environmental health and justice issues.
Taking samples is a key technique in environmental monitoring. Sample collection, when done well, can be cheap, numerous samples can be taken, and many people can participate in sample collection.
Lead image from @warren's [work](https://publiclab.org/notes/warren/03-25-2019/water-sampling-workshop-with-a-mega-coqui-kit-with-one-cranston)
## Types of sampling
Not all of these types of sampling have pages yet, but we are working together to collect these resources, so please help by editing this page:
* [Water sampling](/wiki/water-sampling)
* [Soil sampling](/wiki/soil-sampling)
* [Air sampling](/wiki/air-sampling)
* [Dust sampling](/wiki/dust-sampling)
* [Spectrometry sampling](/wiki/spectrometry-sampling)
Please add other types of sampling here as well.
Ask and answer general questions about sampling: