Public Lab is an open community which collaboratively develops accessible, open source, Do-It-Yourself technologies for investigating local environmental health and justice issues.
This page is under development March 2016.
**Activity 1:** take a picture of the Riffle [?]
* this activity can be done by an individual
* YYYY-MM-DD When Riffles will be mailed out
* [X hours/days/weeks] How much time you will need to test the Riffle
* YYYY-MM-DD When participants need to send pictures back by
**Activity 2: ** automate way to trigger camera to snap picture of submerged secci disk. [Don](/people/donblair) will lead development and also act as maintainer in the [Public Lab's open hardware process](/wiki/contributing-to-public-lab-hardware).
* this activity can be done by individuals or groups, but requires coordination with other developers according to the development timeline
* YYYY-MM-DD public discussion on the approach
* YYYY-MM-DD submit contributions by this day
* YYYY-MM-DD integration of contributions
* YYYY-MM-DD 1.0 release
**Other Activities:** other sensor development, lots of low-hanging fruit listed here, have fun!
* We are going to kick it all off with a Live Call on [Tuesday, March 8] [1pm PT/ 4pm EST]
* Email discussion will happen on [plots-waterquality list](https://groups.google.com/group/plots-waterquality), and ...
* Research notes will be tagged with "riffle" [subscribe here](https://publiclab.org/tag/riffle)
* Certain areas with multiple participants and supporting organizations may host local events